We have just received this announcement from the committee of the Dartmouth and District Chamber of Trade.
This will be your opportunity to decide if the Dartmouth Chamber of Trade will continue to operate in its current form. And will also allow you to elect a new committee to take over from the current team.
In our opinion it is vital for the business community in Dartmouth to have a voice, the louder the better. Today we are not represented on the Town Council or the District Council and we have little say over issues such as our declining footfall and the increase in charges for Mayors Avenue car park.
Without your voice Dartmouth’s economy will continue to struggle in a tough competitive environment. The West Country is experiencing positive growth but this is not being shared by Dartmouth yet.
The Chamber of Trade can make a positive difference for Dartmouth if we commit to supporting it
Make your voice heard and attend this meeting
Extraordinary General Meeting Notice
DARTMOUTH AND DISTRICT CHAMBER
OF TRADE AND BUSINESSES LIMITED
Wednesday 11 July 6:00 Clifton Room Dartmouth Guildhall
For the consideration of closing the above company
and appointing new officers
3. Where the Chamber is now
4. Limited Company. Resolution to de register.
5. Cruise Ships - here today gone tomorrow? Captain Mark Cooper Dartmouth Harbourmaster
6. Town Mayor Rob Lyon on his experience of welcoming Cruise Ships
7. Proposal “Cruise Ships are vital for the economy of Dartmouth”
8. Election of Chairman
9. Election of Vice Chairman
10. Election of Membership Secretary
11. Election of Treasurer
13. 7:00 sharp end of meeting
For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with the Chamber and in response to Nigel Way’s questions below here is an extract from the Chamber of Trade’s current webpage:
Current Committee members: Dave Cawley Chairman, Mike Freeman, Roger Jordan they have all resigned as Directors of the Ltd Company but still maintain their committee membership. It is my understanding they all want to stand down.
About the Chamber: The Chamber itself was founded in 1939, and has been run since that time by local businesses and their representatives. The Chamber seeks to provide a modern way for all businesses in the town to engage both with each other, and the most pressing issues of the time. The Chamber is a meeting place for sharing business expertise and contacts, and will promote these principles with a series of networking events. The Dartmouth Chamber of Trade is a statutory body recognised by Dartmouth Town Council, South Hams District Council, Devon County Council, our MP Dr Sarah Wollaston, The British Chambers of Commerce and many others.
• Help all local businesses, to be more successful.
• Provide networking opportunities for Dartmouth and district businesses.
• Provide a channel through which the Chamber can act as the voice of Dartmouth businesses.
• Help drive up employment opportunity for local people.
• Provide help and consulting for any member company or non-member who requests assistance.
For up to date information check out our Facebook page here
Dartmouth and District Chamber of Trade and Businesses Ltd Company number 01910477
The Guildhall, Victoria Road, Dartmouth, Devon, TQ6 9RY 10 June 2018