Lets hope we send a representative from the Dartmouth Visitor Center to help them learn how to launch a more digital based marketing strategy.
Dartmouth needs to draw more visitors to the town and this looks like a great opportunity to learn about the modern methods we could use to achieve that:
The thursday session is fully booked now.
There will again be an exciting programme with different themes for each of the two days. Speakers and topics include the following:
7TH FEB ‘EXCELLENCE’
- Geoff Ramm – after his top rating last year, Geoff will be returning to take ‘Celebrity Service’ to yet higher levels (Watch Geoff’s short video message HERE)
- Katie Davies from Moors Valley Country Park will share her experiences on making the award-winning attraction more inclusive & accessible
- Trend Setters & Go Getters – Pete and Helen from Clockwork Marketing will lead an inspirational tour of the trends they’re seeing in the hospitality industry, along with top tips on how to make the most of them
- ‘Benchmarking and continuous improvement’ will be the topic of Deborah Heather from Quality in Tourism
- Nigel Ponsford of SWW Business will share tips on conserving water
- Employee or worker: An Uber difficult question? (The gig economy – impact on employment status in the tourism industry) – from Terry Falcão of Stephens Scown solicitors
- Inspiring and engaging the next generation – Gemma Edmonds, Springboard
- Offering placements to students – an update from Plymouth University
8TH FEB ‘MARKETING, DIGITAL & BEING PROFITABLE’
- Profit, OTAs and the booking mix, facilitated by Alison Northfield of Revenue by Design – with presentations and input from Booking.com, eviivo and Clockwork Marketing
- Marketing insights & VisitEngland marketing plans – Anke Monestel, VisitEngland
- Cutting edge digital priorities – Kate Doodson, Cosmic
- Engaging consumers through Virtual Reality – Gareth Allen, Soundview
- Making Strides in the USA – the award winning founder of Alison Howell’s Foot Trails will share her story on breaking into the US market
- The Multi-Million-Pound Giveaway! and the new data laws – Thomas Chartres-Moore, Stephens Scownsolicitors
- ‘The new Visit Devon’ – news and future plans, VisitDevon community interest company
The conference commences each day with Registration and welcome drinks from 9.30am, with presentations from 10am. It will close at approximately 1.30pm followed by sandwich lunch & networking. The full programme can be seen HERE.